Doon Diaries : Part II
Isn't it surprising how much we don't know about people, places and things that have been with us? Sometimes the sheer knowledge baffles me, sometimes it evokes in me a level of inquisitiveness and for most times it leaves me inspired and awed.
You remember how in my previous post I talked about having spent my childhood in Dehradoon, still I had never heard of this place called Robbers cave in Guchchu pain area near Cantonment. When I was talking to a few localities near the resort, they told me to visit it as it was hardly a 5 minutes walk. I was game!
The Rio river was flowing in its musical rhythms and I was walking alongside it to reach a cave like structure where two three boys were clicking pictures. I walked near the cave entrance and witnessed the most beautiful river stream cave. It's divided into two parts of natural stone wall structure and the cold water from the waterfall located around 600 metres inside the cave supplements the pathway with sometimes calf length water stream.
As I went there at the fag end of winters the icy cold water up to my knee length folded trouser was enough to release the mist from my breaths. The sky was cloudy so about 20 metres into the cave and it was a little hazy with light partially coming in from the top of the stone walls. When my eyes adjusted to the light I could see floating small clouds of fog and mist in the air, sunlight hovering in through the creeks in the stones from above, the enthralling sound of water from the fall filling the air with its soothing music and tiny fishes and beautiful pebbles in the transparent water running under my foot. The whole experience of reaching the waterfall was ethereal as it was cold, dark, with water acting as the natural pathway and being surrounded by nothing else but tall, stone wall structures. It was the perfect misty moment for me where I realized nature flirts with us the best in the most dazzling ways ever.
For those who want to have a feel, I'm sure you've seen the pictures which should stand witness to this breathtaking beauty called Robbers cave. For now, it has robbed my heart for sure! Lemme know if it has cast a spell on you too :)
How to Reach?
Robbers Cave - Guchchu pani, Garhi cantt, Dehradoon, Uttrakhand 248014
Dehradoon is well connected by Air, Bus and Trains.
Air - Jolly Grant is the nearest airport which is 25 kms from the city centre. Air India, Indigo, Jet Airways have frequent flights connecting Dehradoon to the rest of India, major hubs being Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc.
Bus - Delhi ISBT has regular AC Deluxe and Non AC bus service to Dehradoon several times a day. It is also connected to Haridwar, Roorkee, Shimla, Allahabad, Jaipur and Rishikesh via various bus services.
Train - Dehradoon is one of the main railhead of northern railway and is connected via trains to all the major parts of the country. Shatabdi express that runs between Delhi and Dehradoon is one of the best options.
Isn't it surprising how much we don't know about people, places and things that have been with us? Sometimes the sheer knowledge baffles me, sometimes it evokes in me a level of inquisitiveness and for most times it leaves me inspired and awed.
The Rio river was flowing in its musical rhythms and I was walking alongside it to reach a cave like structure where two three boys were clicking pictures. I walked near the cave entrance and witnessed the most beautiful river stream cave. It's divided into two parts of natural stone wall structure and the cold water from the waterfall located around 600 metres inside the cave supplements the pathway with sometimes calf length water stream.
As I went there at the fag end of winters the icy cold water up to my knee length folded trouser was enough to release the mist from my breaths. The sky was cloudy so about 20 metres into the cave and it was a little hazy with light partially coming in from the top of the stone walls. When my eyes adjusted to the light I could see floating small clouds of fog and mist in the air, sunlight hovering in through the creeks in the stones from above, the enthralling sound of water from the fall filling the air with its soothing music and tiny fishes and beautiful pebbles in the transparent water running under my foot. The whole experience of reaching the waterfall was ethereal as it was cold, dark, with water acting as the natural pathway and being surrounded by nothing else but tall, stone wall structures. It was the perfect misty moment for me where I realized nature flirts with us the best in the most dazzling ways ever.
Robbers Cave - Guchchu pani, Garhi cantt, Dehradoon, Uttrakhand 248014
Dehradoon is well connected by Air, Bus and Trains.
Air - Jolly Grant is the nearest airport which is 25 kms from the city centre. Air India, Indigo, Jet Airways have frequent flights connecting Dehradoon to the rest of India, major hubs being Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc.
Bus - Delhi ISBT has regular AC Deluxe and Non AC bus service to Dehradoon several times a day. It is also connected to Haridwar, Roorkee, Shimla, Allahabad, Jaipur and Rishikesh via various bus services.
Train - Dehradoon is one of the main railhead of northern railway and is connected via trains to all the major parts of the country. Shatabdi express that runs between Delhi and Dehradoon is one of the best options.




No comments:
Post a Comment